When Ted and I moved into our first home this past summer we both needed and wanted to invest in some new furniture. One thing we were particularly eager to do? Upgrade from a Queen to a King size bed. A ridiculously light sleeper, I’m a gal who likes her space and ever since the fluffy one (that’s Maddie by the way) started inviting herself onto our bed in the middle of the night I haven’t had quite as much as I’d like – read: even now, the little B still finds a way to curl up on top of me – and, as always, only me!
Now I don’t know about you but I don’t have a ton of experience buying things like bed frames and mattresses (besides our home, my most “grown up” purchase to date was probably my $30 George Foreman Grill) so I was pretty shocked by just how confusing the entire process is – not to mention expensive.
Thankfully, my sister-in-law and her husband (who bought their first home in Brooklyn about six months before us) had dealt with many similar issues just in time to point us in the right direction – thanks guys! Their advice? Tomorrow Sleep all the way and we couldn’t be happier to have stolen their style.
Since Ted and I were so overwhelmed by the whole furnishing/decorating experience (still are sometimes!) I’m guessing there’s a good chance you might find yourself in the same boat. With that in mind, I thought todays post might prove helpful . . .
Tomorrow Sleep: not the first brand to put a mattress in a box but probably the best!
* Ever had to shop for a mattress? Until this summer, Ted and I hadn’t so we were blissfully unaware of all the $45o0 price tags floating around out there. You can imagine then, how relieved we were to find a brand creating high quality, low cost options. Our King size mattress? Just $1200. Even better yet? They’re celebrating the holiday season with a limited time offer – $100 off any mattress of your choosing!
* If you’re anything like me then you’ll do whatever you can (rational or not) to avoid paying shipping fees. As such, the fact that Tomorrow Sleep offers free 2-3 day shipping might just be what seals the deal for you! #Nojudgement (Of course, if White Glove Delivery is more your speed then that’s just $75. Want the same team to take away your old mattress? That’s just $45 – A.K.A. a helluva lot cheaper than a bunch of services I’ve checked out here in Boston)
* I’m not sure if you’re aware but buying a mattress is hard. Yeah, it’s expensive but worse still? It’s also really confusing. If you’ve ever sat through a thirty minute sales pitch detailing the benefits of adjustable bases or the many differences between foam and coil mattresses then you know exactly what I mean. Since it seems everyone has an opinion on the issue and there really is no right answer (much like the whole coffee is good for you/coffee is bad for you debate) I didn’t feel entirely confident deciding one way or the other. As such, I loved (loved) the idea of opting for a hybrid mattress like that offered by Tomorrow Sleep. Why deal with all the stress and confusion that comes with making an “either-or” decision when you can have the very best of both worlds?
* Tomorrow Sleep is brought to you by the experts at Serta Simmons Bedding which means you’re investing your faith and your dollars in a brand you can really trust! Still not feeling entirely confident? I’m guessing that ten year mattress warranty will help! Speaking of confidence, I should probably mention that 100 night trial period.
* If you don’t know by now, I really (really!) value convenience so having the ability to get our mattress from Tomorrow Sleep plus everything else we needed after going from a Queen to a King (I’m talking pillows, comforters, sheets and more) was amazing. Also amazing? The difference these accessories have made when it comes to getting a really great nights sleep. My favorite by far? Their Memory Foam Pillow. Ted, who runs on hot, loves that it boasts a cool side whereas I’m obsessed with the fact that it’s lower and denser so my neck isn’t strained – wow, you know you’re getting old when neck and back strain start becoming serious considerations.
Bedroom Decor – Shop It