Who: Interior Define, a brand favored by The Everygirl and Maxwell Ryan, founder of Apartment Therapy
What: Beds, sofas, sectionals, ottomans and more. Did I mention they’re customizable?
Why: An I/D purchase is a particularly easy one to justify since . . .
* All products are 100% customizable (fabric, size, leg styles – the choice is yours) which means never having to settle for a sofa you’re not crazy about just because it fits your space or boasts a fabric that won’t scream “I’m covered in dog hair” the minute your in-law walks through the door.
* I don’t know about you but I’ve always had a soft spot for brands that specialize in something and take pride in that – you know, as opposed to the type that release product after product embracing trend after trend. Whenever I’m on the hunt for something specific and particularly when that something happens to be an investment piece, it’s brands like these or I/D that I turn to.
* As much as I value practical pieces that genuinely serve a purpose (or three would be even better) I refuse to sacrifice form for function. Happily, the guys at Interior Define share a similar philosophy and they have styles to meet every aesthetic from mid century modern to classically feminine. One sofa I currently have my eye on? The Asher – likely with those gorgeous brass-plated legs!
* Ted and I met in college which means a lot has changed over the years including our financial situation and our thoughts on things like quality over quantity. At this point, we both want to buy the best sweater, sofa or *insert random product here* we can afford. Although “the best” may well cost more from time to time, for us, it doesn’t automatically equate to “most expensive.”
The prices at I/D are pretty damn awesome to begin with but when you consider things like the quality of the materials, the custom design and that ten year warranty? You’d be a sucker to pay the kind of prices I recently saw similar styles sell for at some of the mainstream stores – $6k for a basic three-seater? Um, I’d rather get an awesome couch and go on vacation for that! (P.S. purchase during their annual sale – any time from now until September 20th – you’ll save 15%)
* If you know me then you know online shopping is my jam (I’m way too antisocial for stores) but I can definitely see why some consider it nerve-wracking or write it off as “more hassle than it’s worth.” While I’ve certainly found that to be true of some stores and would generally assume that would be the case when it comes to purchasing something like a couch, I can honestly say the guys at I/D make the entire process ridiculously easy. Not only can you customize everything to your exact specifications but you can:
sort through fabric options according to your needs – naturally we wanted something pet friendly . . .
order five swatches to review in person – for free by the way . . .
speak directly with an expert who’ll answer all of your technical and/or design questions . . .
actually opt for a “buy now, decide later” option if you can’t decide between brass or chrome legs . . .
sit back and enjoy I/D’s free white glove delivery once you have pulled the trigger . . .
rest easy with that ten year warranty of yours – score! . . .
even feel free to change your mind thanks to their 365 day returns . . .
The Everything Sale has just launched at Interior Define. From now until September 20th you can snag 15% off custom beds, sectionals, sofas and more. Remember, this sale happens just once a year so you may want to move fast!