Valentine’s Day, I think we can all agree it’s one of the most divisive celebrations out there. When it comes to this so-called “Hallmark Holiday” it seems most of us fall into either one of two categories; fully fledged lover or straight up hater. Coincidentally (or not) it also seems which side we’re on at any given time has more to do with our Facebook status than anything else.
While I’ve never been a die-hard fan of February 14th, I’ve always chosen to not only recognize but celebrate the holiday. Why? Wouldn’t a better question be why the hell not? I don’t mean to be a total downer here but let’s be honest, there are enough “boring” and even downright difficult times in our lives as it is so why not embrace every opportunity we can to step back, take a breath and do something nice?
It doesn’t need to be expensive, it doesn’t need to involve some grand gesture but whatever you get up to this Valentine’s Day it should put a smile on your face and hopefully a few others as well. Case in point? Ted and I! We kept things super simple this year and you know what? We wouldn’t want it any other way!
Wondering how we chose to celebrate the pinkest of holidays? I’m sharing all the deets alongside my friends at E.B. Horn (Boston’s oldest jewelers and my personal favorite – every gem I’m wearing here? Direct from their iconic DTX location) and, of course, lots more pics too!
Do you have plans to celebrate this Valentine’s Day? If so, be sure to let me know and even more importantly, be sure to enjoy each and every minute of it!
* 5 (Potentially Random) Reasons To Love Valentine’s Day *
- It’s the middle of winter here in Boston and you know what that means, it’s cold, it’s grey and we all need a little something to celebrate – even if it is just a heart shaped cookie!
- On that note, heart shaped cookies (and peanut butter cups for that matter) are 67% cuter than regular cookies.
- I’m not saying you should save all your “I love yous” for Valentine’s Day but I really can’t argue with anything that encourages us to spread the warm ’n’ fuzzies that little bit further!
- There’s no better time to wear all the red and pink things – bonus points for those who pile ‘em all on together!
- If the hubby wants to buy me flowers (or you know, a little something from my favorite jewelers – I’ve long had my eye on a few of E.B.Horn’s vintage rings) just because the calendar says it’s Feb 14. I’m hardly going to argue with the man!