You asked, I answered – finally!
Yep, it’s officially here; the home tour I’ve been promising and you’ve been expecting for the past twelve months. What can I say, we’re first time home owners and we totally underestimated some stuff. Primarily . . .
1. just how much it costs to both furnish and decorate a space – um, particularly when your most grown up purchase prior to this was a bright pink TV.
2. The level of decision making involved – I’m a girl of extremes so when it comes to making decisions I’ll either have the answer immediately or 365 days from now.
To top it all off, the hubby and I have very little in common when it comes to style. Thankfully, after all these years, my good taste is starting to rub off on him. I’m kidding, I’m kidding – although I would say his taste is generally a little too traditional for this girl. Still, I think this difference in opinion can actually be a good thing. For instance, he’s much more likely to prioritize the practical over the pretty (um, what does that say about me?) whereas it’s very easy for me to get carried away with the idea of some bold design and completely forget about function altogether. All of this to say, combined we make some pretty great choices – yeah that sounds like some pretty serious horn tooting to me too!
As you can probably tell from these pics, our little home isn’t 100% “finished” yet but we’ve achieved a lot in the past few weeks thanks to Perigold A.K.A. my latest online shopping obsession. Want to know why I love it and you will too? Read on . . .
- For me, trust is the single most important factor when making any purchase. Perigold is a part of the Wayfair group which brings with it a whole range of great benefits (think selection and price) but the most important of all might be the overall level of service you can not only expect but rely on.
- If you’re familiar with Wayfair then you probably don’t need me to tell you that this group has a range of different sites dedicated to a range of different aesthetics. While they all offer a little something for everyone, each one has a unique specialty. For instance, All Modern is for those who love a clean, contemporary look whereas Birch Lane is perfect for the Joanna Gaines obsessed. Their latest endeavor, Perigold, is dedicated to those who love all things designer. In fact you wont find more premium products and/or brands anywhere else. Even better yet, you’ll find gems from world renowned designer like Bunny Williams, Jonathan Adler and Barclay Butera to lesser know queens of the ‘gram such as Justina Blakeney and Caitlin Wilson.
- If there’s one thing I hate it’s paying for shipping – I don’t know about you but I’d rather spend an extra $100 to get it for free than shell out a mere $5 for P&P. That being said, the fact that Perigold not only offers free delivery but free white glove delivery is the bomb diggity.
- That concierge service! Honestly, it’s not often I need to use this kind of thing but having the ability to chat colors, textures and dimensions with a stylist (from the comfort of my couch I might add) when I’m torn between two styles, want to avoid the hassle of potentially having to return an item or desperately need to know which fabric is the easiest to clean (thanks Maddie) is beyond convenient.
- Perigold’s room planner? So fun to play with – especially when you’re tipsy enough to convince yourself the hubby will let you turn that guest bedroom/office into the closet of your dreams.